Monday 23 July 2018

LEAD! Course Certificates

We were delighted to see our first cohort of Middle Leaders and Aspiring Leaders complete our 6 part LEAD! course.

Leadership Exploration & Development! looks at leadership in three parts: leadership of self, others and the school. Enabling leaders to reflect on their own strategies and pick up new ones, the course emphasises how so much of the impact a leader has is derived from their own behaviour.

“I’ve come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the team I lead. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather. As a leader, I possess a tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized.”

All participants have shown that they have a sound grasp of these vital human qualities to leadership. The feedback from the evaluations has been extremely positive:
  • 100% of participants surveyed strongly agreed that it had strengthened their ability to compose and communicate an effective vision
  • 100% of participants surveyed strongly agreed that the course has has strengthened my understanding of effective improvement planning - both personal and school

Having a range of teachers from different schools worked well, as we were able to compare what we do and gain more ideas from one another. 

The use of real life examples from both Malcolm and other teachers was useful, as it meant we were able to either relate to them or imagine the situation more clearly.

Personal anecdotes from leaders to understand theories/leadership concepts through real life examples and reflections on leadership within our own context.

I feel more confident to apply for leadership roles in the future due to understanding more about what it takes to be an effective leader.

It has made me feel more confident about my practice. I feel that I now have more than one approach to tackle different situations I may face. 

I feel that I have begun my journey as a leader and I now have a clearer vision of the direction I want to lead my team in.

No comments:

Post a Comment